Monday, July 27, 2009

51 days...

"Um, hi. I would, uh, like to buy a week."

"...wha..."

"Yeah. I don't think I'm going to have enough time. I need some more. A week should be fine."

silence

"So how much will that cost me?"

"...we make sandwiches here."



"Yes, hello. I am planning a wedding and I am running out of time. Can I buy some?"

"You, uh, want a watch?"

"No, thanks. I have one, see? No, what I need are hours. Several of them. Preferably the kind where I am wide awake. You know, daytime hours."

"Lemme talk to a manager.........Yeah, we don't sell that. This is Joann Fabrics. We sell...fabric"



"Hi there. Looking to buy approximately 168 hours if you have any in stock."

"Hours of...vacation??"

"No, unfortunately the vacation comes after the wedding, which is what I need the extra time for. Lots to do!"

"Lemme get this straight, you want to buy time. Like stretch out days. Make weeks longer. Completely interrupt the whole world's schedule."

"That's it exactly! So do you have any?!"



"Uh, hi. It's me again. Yes, I'll have a six-inch meatball on wheat hold the cheese..."

No comments: