Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I. Heart. Dogs.

I really do. I might also be a dog whisperer.


I pet mean dogs, and I've never been bit.


I kiss strangers' dogs, and I've never been pepper sprayed!


I pick up all little dogs, and I've never been peed on!!


If that doesn't make me an anomaly, I don't know what would...besides being Big Foot, an alien, or a 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes eater.


Wait, do I have that definition right? I'm trying to use my words-I've-heard-once-in-what-I-thought-was-the-right-context bank.


But I digress.



People (my future husband and his entire family) don't understand my dedication to the domestic dog.


I've ingested at least a pound of dog hair.


I've been kissed In My Mouth by random dogs.


And I've actually contemplated "expressing" my own dogs anal glands.


None of this bothers me.


I think I can attribute my love of dogs to my first Golden Retriever, Lucy. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember much of what made her special. I do know I cried for three years after she died of cancer at only four years old.


Now, I am the proud dog-mom of my third Golden, the most handsome dog in the world. (that is actually a fact, it's on wikipedia)


And I'm the future mom of this dog:

It's a Golden Doodle. His name will be Franklin. Corey...um...doesn't know about this yet.

No comments: