Wednesday, July 22, 2009

58 days...

"Oh the adventures we've had," I think to myself as I stare wistfully out the pollen smeared windows of my office. As I sit here amid piles of work yet to be completed, a zucchini bread recipe and a spoon I recount our most recent adventure.

"I can't get these...(almost expletive)....cards to print out right!! They're Not WORKING!!!!" (phone conversation in May--this is just to illustrate my obvious frustration with the whole invitation project)

Now fast forward to last night:

"All of the invitations will be mailed by tomorrow." me - 5:30pm

"Are you going to be able to get them out by tomorrow??" Corey - 7:00pm

"That's what I said." me

"Are you Sure they are going out? This just seems so unorganized to me." Corey - 10:00pm

**click**

"Why'd you hang up??" Corey - 10:15pm

What followed was an onslaught of inaudible shrieks and wailing, chest pains, and pleas to never again speak of invitations.

This morning:

"Hey, I have a question about the invitations..." Corey - 9:45am

"Goodbye." me

I can't make this stuff up.

No comments: