Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. What does your work out schedule look like?
I like to run every other morning with my buddy Oliver.  I do cardio-kickboxing every Tuesday and Thursday night.  Then I sign myself up for other classes at the YMCA that I don't have the energy to take.


2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
Treadmill.  Even though I hate running.  I hate it.  Hate.  But, unfortunately, marathons can't be completed by leisurely strolling.  Well, I guess they could, but I'm thinking race organizers tend to take down the finish line after hour six or so.

3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
Cardio-kickboxing--I not only get a super cardio workout, but our instructor has a black belt in karate and she teaches us some self-defense moves.  Moves I have accidentally used on Corey while we were sleeping.

I elbowed him in the face.

4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
Well, I just bought a pair of running shoes from Dicks, one stretchy shirt from Target, and the rest of my gear is random junk I've had forever.  Including one thinning pair of shorts I wore for soccer in 3rd grade.

5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
Frolic.  I generally like to frolic about, doing frolicky things while frolicking.

6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
I tried a Denise Austen tape, yes tape, but gave up after a few weeks of not being able to bounce a quarter off my butt cheeks.  Aerobics classes work best for me.  I need competition, I need accountability, I need to see that there are people in worse shape than me.

7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
I was probably more active in high school, but not by much.  In the fall I would have marching band practices every day and most weekends (trombones are heavy, folks) and golf practices and matches after that.  Then in the spring I had track practice every day until I gave it up for being a lousy high jumper...and the whole hating running thing.

8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
I only eat processed crap when absolutely necessary.  Like "Ugh, it's 2:00 again, I need me a dang Ding Dong!"  Other than that, I eat pretty much the same way.

9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)?
I watch TV when I'm at the gym, but when I run at home I look at all the 100-year-old houses in my neighborhood.  Anything to take away the pain of each step.  But I exaggerate.

10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
I'm going to do a triathlon in the spring.  So my resolution would be to train for the sucker.  I would like to actually pull myself out of bed in the dark of morning and get my freezing cold buns to the pool so that when the time comes I don't drown in the Hudson River.
 
And to get over the whole hating running thing.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Third grade? Those things better be busting at the seams or you better have skipped puberty! I have some jeans from 10th grade, but not anything from any time in which my daily activities featured a jungle gym.

You probably had better biceps than I did b/c clarinets are not heavy.