Monday, October 4, 2010

A Trip Through The Adirondacks

Corey and I spent a good part of Sunday up in Lake Placid for my boss's fundraiser; a BBQ complete with bluegrass, honkey-tonk band, balloons, a pink-haired clown named Penelope, and campaigning.  All my favorites.  A party simply cannot go wrong if you have a good balance of Patsy Cline and politicking.

And that balance is more Patsy, less other schtuff, of course.

Allow me to paint a mental picture of the day using a few key words: Northeastern New York, outside, mountains, outside, horse show grounds, outside, outside. 

The danged thing was outside, did I mention that?

Overall, it was cold.  I mean good.  There were a lot of frozen finger tips, I mean supporters.  And we raised a good amount of frostbite...er, money.

It was a tad chilly, is what I was tryin' to say there.  But I did not expect early October to give us any more than 50 degrees, which she didn't, and the biting wind was an added bonus.

(Can I just say, I just realized as I've been typing this I'm sayin' all the words in my head usin' a southern accent just like the boys in the movie I watched last night: The Assassination of Jesse James blah blah blah Too Long Of A Title blah blah Robert Ford.  Just thought y'all should know.)

So anyWAY, there we were, deep in the six million acre Adirondack Park, and as our eyeballs thawed in the sun-baked car on our way home we were awestruck by the view...


...and the perty colors

...and the mountains

...of the Adirondacks.  As much as I complain about the cold weather and how little people know about driving manners here, there is a big part of me that loves this place.  Fall, my favorite season, is my little reminder. 

It lasts until we get below 20 degrees in February, which is when I get cranky.

Corey says hi.

No comments: