Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Debate Continues

Play catch up: Yesterday I featured a comment from an anonymous submitter who is requesting American men boycott American women.  I figured Mr. Anonymous was just sending out mass comments, not really taking the time to see who his targets were because:
  1. I'm a lady.  And I'm married, which is the main topic of the blog.  I have no need to boycott any woman.  I'm, uh, not in the market for one, I guess you could say.
  2. The post he commented on was not a Corey-basher, but more of a "I'm going to poke fun because he's just so cute."
So I plastered his comments in my post. 

But then I got a follow-up comment.

You can go look if you want.  I'll give you a brief summary: American women are terrible and men don't want us.

More specifically: American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc.

Raise your hand if you are a tad offended by this horrible over-generalization.

The earth shifts a little because of the mass thrust of hands in the air.

Raise your hand if you personally know anyone like this.

**crickets**

Just wait one second.  So every woman that you know and every woman that I know is perfectly normal, respectful and, dare I say, decent? 

Well there's some news.

Hm.

Now that that's settled, I'm not going to further his cause by saying anymore.  If Mr. Anonymous is still lurking about, he can just sit tight with his opinions to himself because as an American gal I'm going to selfishly hold on to my opinion that he doesn't know what the crunk he's talking about.

...

The End.

1 comment:

Meg said...

It's a troll! he just commented on this blog as well:
http://theuglynewyorker.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/trolling-troll-is-trolling/

I bet it was someone who got his heart broken. Or is just a ridiculous human being.

xo