1. We send Oliver-dog to the groomers every now and then. And sometimes that visit is scheduled for a stay-home-in-my-own-stank days. The kind where you sit in pjs and take not one step out into the real world (except of course to drop your dog off). On these days, and last Saturday, when Oliver came home he was cleaner than Corey.
2. And Corey was proud of it.
3. Speaking of cleanliness, on Tuesday I caught myself putting toothpaste on his toothbrush. I am scared to think how many times I've gone all the way.
4. Not that Corey is a dirt bag. But I think we can all agree that a person's plaque should remain with him. Or her.
5. Thanks to DVR I think I can rewind everything. Like the radio. Or last Sunday when I caught myself day dreaming during the pastor's sermon. I came to and thought, "What is he talking about? I'll just rewind."
6. This is like when I see a cop while I'm on my cell phone. Instinct tells me to drop the phone immediately to avoid a $150 fine. I now do this while sitting in my office.
7. People have been flashing their lights as I pass by for weeks now. I only realized last week that my headlight is out.
8. Tuesday night I had a band nightmare. Everything was going wrong: I didn't have my music, spit/condensation kept dribbling back into my mouth, and I forgot my scales, and I could no longer play. Ms. Duffy and Mr. Jones were there and they were giving me the eye. Folks, if you don't know the Concord Marching Minutemen game, you can't possibly know the terror.
Got the chills just now.
9. I also had a dream that the nicest person I know (I say that about a lot of people, so don't be offended if I gave you this title, too. I'm not stripping you of it, you just share it with just about everyone I know) was my HR director. She called me into her office and told me she was taking away my internet privileges because I abused them. When I woke up I experienced a brief "did that really happen?" moment, but quickly got over it. I went to work and did a Google search of Goldendoodles.
10. Our neighbors very discreetly started leaving an air freshener in the hall outside our doors. I only just realized it's probably because we take off our wet shoes and leave them outside our door. They think we have stinky feet! I'm so embarrassed...
UPDATE: Yes. Our feet do stink. I stuck my nose in one of Corey's shoes and it was, in fact, the sour milk smell I assumed was coming from our neighbors.
Enjoy your day! I will be wondering if I made a mistake in driving to work in this snowstorm. Hooray for 4-wheel drive!