Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An epic fail...but I exaggerate

I was supposed to give up sweets this week.  Starting Monday.  I had a little too much dessert with my jazz and was in desperate need of a sugar detox.

However, today is Wednesday and I have already cheated.  This morning.  With chocolate chip cookies.

Who eats cookies before noon?

Someone with a problem.

Two of my co-workers went on a six week diet where 75% of their meals came from little silver packets.  The other 25% was from various forms of lettuce.

Six.  Weeks.

They complained.  They starved.  They craved food that did not come in powder form. And yet they showed the dedication and restraint of a willful two-year-old.

I, on the other hand, walk in the door, look at the plate of fresh cookies and think:

No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  Ok, maybe just two.

I can't go Three.  Days.

My will power is broken.

1 comment:

jen said...

holy crow! i just had a leftover cookie from a board meeting (8am) and then read your post, so to answer your question, i eat cookies before noon but...i am blaming my current need for sugar on pms though...