Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
1. If your name was a verb, what would “to Stacie” mean?
"Wow, you're trying way too hard to be cool. You are so Stacie-ing."
2. What myth have you always wanted to prove or bust?
The one about the snake coming up out of the toilet to bite an unsuspecting victim's butt. Because I already learned the cockroach growing in a tongue was false. Phew!
3. If you had the ability to get a message out to the entire world, what would you say?
The correct answer: the gospel. My first answer: look how cool I am. Oops.
4. Please name your current top 10 blogs.
1. The Pioneer Woman
2. Just Something I Made
3. Roots and Rings
4. Our Little Apartment
5. Passive Aggressive Notes
6. Meg's Mumbo Jumbo
7. Fresh Confessions of a Screwed Up Texan
8. Awkward Sleep Ramblings
9. Cake Wrecks
10. Texas Britches
5. Do you have a junk drawer?
No. We have a junk room. It's called my studio. And I love all of my little junkies.
Wait. That came out wrong...
6. Bottled water or tap?
I can go either way. As long as the bottled doesn't taste like pool water and the tap doesn't taste like dirt or the Hudson River.
7. As a kid, did you have a favorite Biblical story?
Esther. Besides just liking the story, I was supposed to play Esther in a church skit. The boy I had a crush on was going to be my husband. We were going to hug at the end. And then my parents moved me halfway across the country.
8. What is your favorite black and white movie?
Was the original Ocean's Eleven black and white? If so, that is my favorite. And not because it's the only black and white movie I've ever seen...
9. Aside from your engagement/wedding rings, what is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own? Does it have a story behind it?
My favorite piece of jewelry is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere. The dangly princess cut "diamond" earrings were supposed to be my gift last year for hosting a jewelry party, but instead I got a tarnish remover cloth.
If we're talking about real jewelry, my faves are my JCrew coral/gold necklace (the only trendy thing I own) and my strand of pearls.
10. What sports/activities do you hope your kids will be involved in? (Answer for both a boy and a girl)
My boys are going to be involved in whatever their hearts desire. Except drugs. And my girls are going to be involved in whatever their hearts desire. Except drugs.
However, I may push the Mama Foot Rubbin' Club.