Thursday, May 13, 2010

A story of life or death, but I exaggerate

So nice of you to miss me when I am absent from blog world....mom.

It upsets me when things get in the way of sharing Corey and my daily adventures.  Things like sleeping.  Or bathroom breaks.  Or work.

Or traipsing all over Albany in the rain.

My boss recently decided her entire staff needed to be notaries public...?  Notary publics?  No-tee-tee signeroos?  And yesterday was the big test in Albany.

I was secretly thrilled, in the same way I was thrilled with my appointment to register-key-holder at Express.

"Yeah, I'm not quite a manager, but I can do returns."

"OOOoooo...."

There is just something about being able to do things other people can't and then rubbing it in their faces.  Like flipping your eyelids inside out or armpit farts.

So here I was secretly stoked while others in the office moaned and groaned.

Yes, sometimes my boss makes last minute, seemingly irrational decisions that affect us more than she is aware.

And yes, she is partially oblivious to most things.

But a boss is still a boss and suck-up brownie points are still suck-up brownie points.  So I dove into the 20-page print out of notary law stuff.  And then I screamed and threw it across the room.  Those things are not written in English.  Heretofore and notwithstanding is not English.

Then I dove into the study books from the library.

I saw things like:

It is a misdemeanor to refuse service as a Notary.

and:

A felony is punishable by death or imprisonment.

It made me wonder what the heck I was getting myself into.

And, are there really notaries public on death row?

In what instance does a case of forgery get you the juice?

Is any of this going to be on the test??

Shouldn't I be compensated more than $2 per signature if I am risking my life to attest documents?

Do I really need those extra brownie points?

Can I just have the brownie?

To make a long story even longer, I took the danged test and either passed or failed it.  I'll know next week.

Don't you love how my stories just end with very little wrap up?

No comments: