Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. Where did you go to college?
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana...because that's where my boyfriend was going.  I knew practically nothing about the school.


2. What did you study?
I started in Marketing, but before classes started I switched to Art Education, then switched again before my sophomore year to Communication, with the idea of specializing in Public Relations, because a friend of mine told me I would look good in pastel pant suits.

3. Was college really all that it was cracked up to be?
Oh yes.  I enjoyed every single minute of it.  And I took full advantage of my, uh, freedom.

4. How far were you from home?
Two and a half hours.

5. Did you have the same roommate all four years?
I roomed with Monica from my high school for the first two years.  The second year we picked up "Swan," our crazy, pot-smoking neighbor from the dorm, and Denisha, the Virginia girl who was bigger than most of the football players on Purdue's team.  Aaaah, memories.  Then I realized I'm too OCD to live with other people, so I moved into a studio apartment and lived by myself the last two years.

6. Where did you order food from at 2am?
Funny story, our Subway delivered, and I could not get enough of their chocolate chip cookies.  So one night I called up and ordered 15 (three for a dollar, and it was a $5 minimum.) 

Mad Mushroom had the best cheesy bread that could only be eaten while under the influence of...orange soda.  And if I was up at 2am it was because of orange soda.

7. Did you date in college or were you tied down?
I was tied down for all but two semesters.  And within those two semesters I dated three Robs.  One called our apartment:

"Can I talk to Stacie?  This is Rob."

"Which one?"

He didn't think it was funny.

8. Funniest drunk college moment?
I was once so sick the next day I couldn't move without vomiting.  I had to nap in my car, which was full of boxes as I was planning to move back into my apartment.  A guy tapped on my window to ask if I was ok and all I could do was raise my hand.  Horrible then, super funny now.

9. Did you make it to class on time?
I think so.  I had a lot of small classes, so I wasn't able to sneak in unnoticed.  There was one lecture, though, I tried to sneak into about 15 minutes late, I set my mug on the desk and tried to climb over the back of the chair (?), but my leg hit the mug and sent it crashing to the floor.  Of course.

10. What was your favorite class in college?
I took a golf class and a theater class my senior year.  For golf we had passes to the school's course and our assignments were to play.  And in theater we had to be goofy and go see plays.
 
I miss college...

1 comment:

jen said...

I was accepted to Purdue for the vet program, but they didnt want me to play on their softball team so i went somewhere else...sure showed them eh?

i also find it fascinating that you too were influenced by orange soda to eat cheesy bread!