Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!  What better a way to celebrate than for me to talk about myself?  I can think of none.


1. Who makes your Thanksgiving dinner?
I, luckily, get several dinners this year.  Corey and I will start at my friend Liz's house where my family will be eating.  Then we will go to his aunt and uncle's house where all of his family will be eating.  Then on Saturday we will head up to my parents' house where my mom will be making her own dinner and at some point in the very near future Corey and I will make a small dinner for ourselves.

I am just giddy about it.


2. What is your favorite recipe the includes pumpkin? (bonus points for including the recipe)
Pie.  And that's about it.  I'm not a big pumpkin/squash fan.  It's just not chocolate.

3. What are 5 things you want for Christmas?
Realistic items: iPod holder thingy for my arm, Saratoga Beads gift card for a million dollars, salt and pepper shakers, old dinner plates in various colors and designs, and this MAC makeup shown on PW's website yesterday.

Unrealistic items: a house, a horse, manageable hair, thinner ankles, and fashion sense.

4. Does your family draw names or do you buy for everyone?
We buy for everyone (read: freak out about whether we've gotten the right gift 7-9 times)

5. How do you feel about motorcycles?
They scare me.  It seems too easy to fall off.

6. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy Saturday?
Read, or bake, or watch sappy romantic comedies, or all of the above.

7. What is the coolest thing to do in your city?
Festivals!!  We have what seems like one festival a month.  We just missed Cowderfest, there's the Victorian Streetwalk coming up, followed by First Night Saratoga on New Years Eve.  The whole main street shuts down to traffic and hundreds of people walk around visiting stores, eating cookies, drinking cider and hot chocolate.  I, of course, make several passes through the stores with good, homemade cookies.  As would anyone, I'm sure.
8. Do you paint your fingernails?
Yes ma'am.  Bright pinks and reds usually, but I do like my chocolatey brown for fall.

9. Who is your favorite actor over the age of 50?
I...I....I just don't know.  There are waaaaaay to many to chose from, and I think actors just aren't seasoned until they get old.  I mean older.

10. Do you have a high school letter jacket?
I wanted so badly to have a letter jacket, but I didn't get my letter until senior year, and I wouldn't even have the jacket until the middle of the winter.  Common sense reigned in and I decided it wasn't worth it.  So now I have this silly fabric letter "C" just hangin' out with all my other school stuffs.  In 20 years I won't even know what it was from that I earned it.  Golf, just so you know.

2 comments:

jen said...

Who says a horse is an unrealistic christmas gift?? every year in my youth my entire christmas list was horse, saddle, bridle, curry comb, saddle blanket (you get the picture) and every year i was disappointing there wasnt a horse standing in the front yard with a big red bow around his neck...so i guess i just answered my own question...

Chelsea said...

#6 - Can we be BFF?