Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Tuesday again, which means Monday is over, which means Friday is almost here, which means another week is passing, which means Christmas is that much closer, which means so is the end of the year, which means...well, just that.



1. What is your favorite breakfast pastry?
It is a very close tie between a raspberry corn muffin, jalapeno scone, and a brownie...a breakfast brownie, if there is such a thing.

2. Were you ever in a Thanksgiving or Christmas play?
I was an angel in my high school's Christmas Spectacular program.  It was a musical program so me, Mary, Joseph, and the wise men just had to stand in our rolling nativity scene while everyone sang around us.

3. What is your favorite clothing accessory?
A sweater of any variety.  In my old age I dress for comfort and a nice warm sweater is akin to the fuzzy green blanket I wrap myself in when I get home.  I have summer sweaters, spring sweaters, fall sweaters, and winter footie pajamas.  Also known as a full body sweater.

4. What is your favorite item of clothing?
Any one of my three yoga pants: my light gray, medium gray, and black pairs.  They sit embarrassingly high above my belly button, but only rarely do I tuck my shirts in and go about my day looking like an elderly mall-walker.

5. What is your favorite color and why?
I love them all.  Peace on Earth, good will to all...colors.

6. What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie?
The kind that has sugar in it.

7. What is your favorite scent (food, perfume/lotion)
Before we were married, I would sometimes swipe Corey's shirts because I loved the smell of the Gain detergent he used.  But now that I use it on my clothes too, I can't smell it anymore.  Bummer.

Now that's is Holiday time I love the pine scent.  Until we get our Christmas tree I am supplementing the smell with candles.

8. What is your favorite household cleaner?
Vinegar.  It smells terrible and lingers on my hands for an entire day, but there's just something about not dumping funky chemicals into my water source.

9. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? And what did you actually grow up to be?
I had no aspirations as a kid beyond which friend I was going to play with that day.  And that moment-by-momentedness followed me to college and through the rest of my 20's, which is why I still, to this day, ask myself "what do I want to be when I grow even-more-up?"  Then I start planning dinner.

10. What is the last song or album you bought?
Not sure....but I've had a hankerin' for some old school Coolio.  I can still remember his music videos...remember music videos?!   Good times.

3 comments:

jen said...

i was just blaring fantastic voyage on my way in to work this morning, closely followed by gangsta's paradise...ahh coolio...

Debbie said...

omg, gangsta's paradise! i remember having that song on a tape. my best friend and i may or may not have played the tape, and constantly pushed the pause button to write down all the lyrics. that's how we learned every word to the song. did I just admit that?!?! ha. remember big al yankovich's remake - amish paradise?? :)

Autumn said...

"The kind that has sugar in it" made my day!! Hysterical!