Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time Check

My eyes are slightly less than perfect.

In other words, I can't see you without my glasses.  And even then some things are still blurry.

I've had this problem since 6th grade when I saw my friend Wendy push her glasses up her nose with her finger on the nose piece part and I said, "I want to do that too!"  Voila!  That's all it took.

(Thanks God.  All the things I ask you for and you listen to me on that one?!)

But anyway, I'm used to being nearly blind without them.

That doesn't mean I like it.

...

Often, I wake up in the middle of the night.  Whether it's to pee, because I'm hot, or the dog has pushed me off the bed.  But always, always, always I look at the clock on our cable box thinking I'm going to be able to see what time it is.

Hey Stace, the only way you can see that sucker without your specs is when your face is pushed up against it.  Try again.

But you know how we all are in the middle of the night.  Sleeping usually, or half sleeping when we are kicked awake by a spouse.  So we try super human things.  Like trying to read the time.

This was me last night:

"...what time....is that.... :3:?"

"....11B?"

"...112:0??"

"....ahhhh, forget it!"

Then I fully woke up and laughed at myself for thinking there possibly could be a letter in the time.

Or two colons.

1 comment:

april said...

That's why I always slept in my contacts when I had them in - I really liked being able to fall asleep watching tv and being able to read the clock when I woke up. Thankfully I'm not prone to infection because I went months in one pair of contacts. Now I'm back to my glasses and that's the only thing I miss about contacts. Being able to always see.