Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ohmigoodnessgracious, it's Tuesday again.  Dangit.  Shoulda seen that coming.



1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
We will be traveling for both holidays and will manage to see all family members.  Shenanigan free.  Somehow, it works.


2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
We have the same plans every year: whoever eats first, that's where we'll be.

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
Corey and I have two meals every Thanksgiving.  First usually at my parents' house where I stuff myself because I can't help it.  Then at Corey's aunt and uncle's house an hour later where I usually stuff myself because I can't help it.  They are both sometime between 2:00 and 5:00.

4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
When we lived in California, my family would pack our teeny little 2-bedroom house with all of our friends and family.  I remember once having to crawl under the tables to get to my bedroom.  Then in Indiana the five of us would eat, then fall asleep on the couch to an Indiana Jones movie.

No New York traditions yet.  But I'm really hoping this 2-meal thing becomes one...
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
I lounge hard.  In other words, I sleep.

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
Oh yes.  You can read an abbreviated account of last year's Black Friday event here.  But in a nutshell, my dad and I camp outside the most ridiculous stores because we really don't understand the concept of, "you wait so you can get the items everyone wants, not fuzzy slippers."  My dad combs through Thanksgiving Day flyers, I go along for the experience...and breakfast.

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Early December.  And I would say I'm on track for this year.  All that's left to get is Kimberlie's iPad. 

Dream on, sista.

8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
We exchange gifts and it's all kinds of willy nilly.  He handles our finances so any money I spend he can see.  So it always ends up that I get really nice surprise gifts and he gets the things on his list, like white t-shirts.  I'm lobbying for one big gift we go in on, like....a new house.

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Friday.  And if Corey wasn't working that day I would drag him to the tree store to get our Christmas tree.  It's my turn to pick it out this year, and I ain't wastin' time on no nine-footers.

10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
I'm a "all out" kind of gal.  Lucky for Corey all we have is a box of lights, some red bulbs and a small red berry wreath (He just can't handle the decorations!  Channeling A Few Good Men there).  But so help me James, I will have a very merry collection of decorations some day and my house will be transformed into the winteriest wonderland you never did see!!  Muahahaha!

Fail.  Evil laughs don't fit in with Christmas talk.

2 comments:

Corey said...

With the tons of compliments we got on the tree last year, I'll pick it out again...don't fight it, I just have the tree touch!

Erin said...

I love this entire post.